Thursday, October 05, 2006

Why men can't do what women do, part one

I did the best that I could on the title of this post. Probably the more correct title could have been, "Why cavemen can't do what most women do."

I think it is safe to admit that all men are not cavemen. But there sure a heck of a lot of us left on the planet. Most of the cavemen are not gay, BUT I FEEL THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY!!! Most gay men seem to have transformed themselves into "multi-tasking" men who have more opportunities than we cavemen at learning to deal with women.

It can also be acknowledged that not all women would fit the "multi-tasking" abilities that cavewomen had. Let's leave that to someone else's blog.

Cavemen don't do what many women can do, not because they won't try, but they simply CAN'T do those many things.

I am always amazed that my wife can read a book and still understand what is happening on the T.V. My wife can talk with me while she is thinking about her library, at the same time she is ironing her clothes for the next day's work.

I will use me as a prime example of a "sequential-tasking" modern caveman for the purposes of explaining why cavemen can't do what most women can do.

If I watch T.V., I use my concentration skills genetically implanted in me to concentrate on the T.V. program. When my wife comes up and asks me something, I don't hear her.

I don't hear her because I can't hear her. A "sequential tasker" like myself can only concentrate on one thing at a time. Remember "do something THEN something else"? My brain is not wired to do more than one thing at a time. Please don't get anywhere near me on the road if I have my earpiece in my ear. When talking on the cell phone and driving, we simply don't have the capacity to do both things at the same time very well at all.
That being written, when I am doing a "something" and only that one thing, I am totally dealing with that one thing and foregoing everything else.

While writing the previous post to this blog, my wife tried to talk to me about one of my other blogs. I lost track of what I was writing because she spoke words I had written and I got very confused. I had to stop writing and talk to her. I lost my concentration, and that is very natural for me.

I hope you take what I have written and try to look at the cavemen in your life and how they interact with you. I am very sure you will see some of the same issues in them that I write about.

No comments: