Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dairy entry for Sunday October 8, 2006

I've finally been caught.
It took my Uncle Chuck to catch me. He is a caveman. He is of the hunter type. He fishes.
His keen eye and sense of correctness led him to be the first one to post the question; Why "Dairy?'

As I am sure you all know, cavemen don't really care about spelling. We have better things to do than consider whether you can read out writing or not. Have you ever met a caveman who can spell worth a darn without spellcheck? Neither have I.

Of course the more correct name for this blog should be "Caveman Diary" but it is both a play on words and an admonition that we cavemen don't spell very well. We didn't need to back then and I can prove we don't really need to now.

You see, if you can raed tihs snetnece esaliy, tehn you can udnresantd how we can raed whtiuot hvanig all the ltetres in the crorcet oeedr. We olny need the frist and lsat ltetres crorcet and we can raed fialry wlel. So selplnig is not so ipmrotnat to us.

I did a good Caveman deed today. After we took the girls for a walk along the coast, I went with my wife to the Southcoast Botanical Gardens. She marveled at all the plants and was curius about their names. I suggested to her that they were either members of the greenleafy boringus family, or the colori flowerus group. If the trees didn't have fruit in them they were all tallus-trunki boringus.

During this visit to the gardens there was a Jaguar car show on the lawn area. You wouldn't believe all the rich cavemen strutting their stuff and their cars named after very fast prey. Think about it,some of the most popular cars are named after animals/food. Cougar, Jaquar, Ram, Ramcharger, Viper, Cobra, Mustang, Firebird, and a host of others. All the cavemen who brought also wore very colorless clothes, and they all pretty much looked alike.

I have been thinking about all the things cavemen cannot do very well. I think I will include items as I ponder them, further along this blog-path. Being close to plants and flowers today, I thought of a thing that a caveman is not fit to do. We can't arrange flowers or plants. To us, they are food. To non-cavepeople, arranged flowers and plants are wonderfull to look at and pleasant to the emotions, I think. If I can't eat it, why arrange it?

No comments: